Friday, February 23, 2007

Wow, that was a long airplane ride, Daddy.

Flight Info
Date: 02/10/07 Route of Flight: KSLC - OGD
Legs: 1 Total Duration: 0.3 Hours Type: VFR

I took the family for a Hundred Dollar Hamburger, a few weeks ago. We flew to Ogden Airport to eat at the New Kemp Jet Center. It is, the nicest facility I have ever seen at a general aviation airport, they also happen to have the nicest restaurant inside an FBO I have ever seen. The food was great.
When we landed in Ogden, which is literally a 10 minute trip (the "Total Duration" listed in the box above is not a typo), my son said to me, "Wow, that was a long airplane ride, Daddy." Ok, so I have this airplane, it can travel 1000 miles (~700 nautical miles) without refueling, however it would seem we are currently limited to 30 mile trips, as the kids don't seem to like flying in the airplane all that much. I think part of it has to do with the fact that they don't get the immediate attention they are used to when we are in the air. And the other part is, that our first trip took place mid-summer when it was 90+ degrees on takeoff so they were hot and miserable until we reached cruising altitude (then they were just miserable), but that's a different story... We ended up spending the night in Ogden because the weather was bad, the kids (and the Woman) thought spending the night in a hotel was cool. The flight back the next morning was uneventful and every one did fine. Maybe next time we'll see if we can make it 20 minutes...

Here are a few pictures...

The Frozen'ish Salt Lake


The Kids
(And they look happy!)


The Boy
(Looking slightly annoyed)


The Woman
(Lookin' Good!)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like The Woman's fetching headset. And the fact that she's actually wearing color, not black.

And I most like The Girl's headband. So pretty. And The Boy's tongue is nice.

Unknown said...

I am relieved to hear that your co-pilot took the photos.I did laugh out loud at your link to the tire business. If only I lived closer I would try to pay for your plane. S

emily said...

Hey I took those pictures! Isn't the one of the lake cool?

Unknown said...

Great photos Emily! Sorry, I didn't realise you took them.I wish my man would start a blog - its cool to see a man's perspective - most of the blogs I read are written by women. S

FarmWife said...

Way dool! And I love the pics of the family...gotta check out that hundred dollar hamburger!

Unknown said...

Even if your kids pout...they should know that the fact that their dad flying them around is the "coolest" thing. ;) Keep up the good work man.

Dinah said...

Great pictures. We once had a $200 free lunch.

Unknown said...

Dude...where are your new blogs?